NACOSTI received three new board members following their appointment by The Cabinet Secretary responsible for matters of Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) through Gazette Notice No. 10692 dated 5th October 2021. The three are; Prof. Francis Muregi, Ms. Rachel Shibalira and Prof. Rapahel Munavu, following the expiry of the term of the previous Board on 5th December 2020. The board and management retreat was organized for the members to be provided with adequate briefs by the management team for the activities between January 2021 and January 2022. The retreat was held from 1st to 4th March 2022 in Mombasa, Kenya.
The overall objective of the retreat was to provide the Board of Directors with relevant information to enable them effectively transact Board business. The specific objectives were to:
- Appraise the Board Members on the activities of the Commission
- Train Members on Leadership and Corporate Governance
- Sensitize participants on key relevant programmes and activities of Ministry of Education
As a way forward:
- Board to adopt the report formally during the next Board meeting
- Board Members agreed to implement key lessons and guidance derived from the speech of the Principal Secretary-SDUER and presentations.
- Management will act on the listed recommendations through the respective committees of the Board for deliberation and onward submission to the full Board for necessary action.