National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) is involved in the coordination of activities geared towards development of policies on various areas of research, science, technology and innovation. The policies are expected to provide an enabling environment for creation of institutional frameworks for integration of ST&I in national development.
- Atomic Energy Policy and Bill, The policy recommends the establishment of an Atomic Energy Commission as a regulator and Kenya Atomic Energy Research Institute
- Policy for establishment of a Physical Sciences Laboratory
- Consultative forums for Development of National Health Research Agenda and Priorities.
- Policies on access and increasing participation of Youth, Disadvantaged groups and Gender in ST&I are currently being developed.
- Policy framework for space science and technology in the country
- Bioscience Policy and Bill - relates to sustainable exploitation, utilization, management and conservation of biodiversity and genetic resources for safe and secure national knowledge-based bio-economy growth and development.
- Policy on Nanotechnology development